Android legacy client
Old Flow 6 Android client was removed from Google Play on 31 st May.
The Android Client requires Android version 5.0 or higher.
There are two ways of installing the Novacura Flow Android Client:
- Download the client from your server: The server address should be https://[your servername]/Novacura.flow.server. Ask your administrator for the server name.
Note! If you download the Android client from your server, you need to enable installation from Unknown Sources on your device. This setting is typically found under Settings/Security.
In order to be able to run your Novacura Flow applications, you first need to connect to the correct Flow environment. When you first start the Novacura Flow app you will get to this screen:
There are three ways of connecting to your Flow environment:
- Scan Code: Scan the QR Code on the Server Page. The server address should be https://[your servername]/Novacura.flow.server.
- Enter Pin: Enter the Pin Code visible on the Server Page.
- Enter server address manually: Enter the server address above manually to connect.
When you have connected to your Novacura Flow environment, you should get to the login page.
Here you enter your Novacura Flow user name. Depending on the setup, you will be prompted to enter one or many passwords. These passwords are either your Flow login password OR passwords for logging in to any connected system. The login can therefore be different for different users. For User setup, see User configuration.
Open the Novacura Flow client and enter your Flow server address and press OK. Enter your username and choose environment and language and press Enter to log on.
All menus are displayed in lists which can be opened to display all workflows that are attached to the menu. Users can only see menus they are allowed to see by assigning the menu to dedicated roles and the same for the user.
To log out or reload the workflows use the menu in the top right corner.
Start a new workflow by tapping the workflow you want to run under the Workflow tab. Pause or quit a running workflow with the arrow in the left corner. Online mode If any transactions are done when a workflow is quit, all transactions will still be done as far as the step you are in, no rollback will be done. When the workflow is paused the workflow will be available in the Ongoing tab. Start a paused workflow by taping the workflow under the Ongoing tab. To delete paused workflow from the Ongoing tab, press and hold on the workflow you wish to kill the ongoing execution on (observe that all transaction that is done in the workflow will not be deleted). When a workflow is completed it will appear with a checkmark in the History tab.
When working with offline applications in the iOS Flow clients, all transactions that are produced by the workflow are put in a queue. This queue can be found in the Offline Data section, under MY WORK. The transactions are executed automatically in the background when the device has access to internet. Always download or update the offline data under Offline Data -> MY OFFLINE DATA, after that is done, then it will be possible to execute a workflow without internet connection.
Transactions that are done in offline applications will normally execute without any problems and then disappear from the queue. However, if a workflow transaction has failed, then it is possible to send a Help Request to an Administrator so that the problem can be fixed. The Administrator can then either correct the problem in the back-end system or correct the data in the workflow transaction. When the Administrator has sent back the transaction can the transaction be executed again, and if the problem is fixed will the transaction execute without any errors.
- If there is an error in a transaction a warning will show up next to the Offline data button.
- Workflow error details are registered in the MY WORK section under Offline data.
- To send a Help request for a transaction that has an error, fill in the optional Comment field and click on ASK FOR HELP, the Help request will be sent to an Administrator that will take care of the issue.
- When the Help request is sent, then will the status for the transaction change to Waiting for response.
- A notification will be sent when an Administrator has started to work with the Help request, and another notification will arrive when the Help request is sent back to be executed again.
- To execute the transaction again, go to MY WORK section under Offline data, find the transaction that is fixed and click in TRY AGAIN.
The User can use the following options:
- ASK FOR HELP: Send a Help request to and Administrator
- TRY AGAIN: Retry a transaction without asking for help
- DELETE: Delete the transaction (observe that all data for that transaction will be deleted)
If active will give a beep and / or vibration when something goes wrong in the Flow, for example when scanning text into a number input field.